Pelican Beach, South Water Caye, Belize
“It’s the only place in Belize where you can swim safely to the reef within minutes and explore the South Water Caye Marine Reserve, full of colorful coral, angelfish, blue tang, sea turtles, all in less than 20 feet of water,” says guidebook author Lebawit Lily Girma.
This idyllic private island 15 acres in size, is one of the few islands off Belize that sit right atop the barrier reef. Our island resort is located on 3 1/2 acres on the southern end of the island where step off our beach and snorkel amongst coral and brightly colored fish.Relax and enjoy the natural beauty surrounding you:
– Catching the cool trade winds and with verandas positioned to see sunrise and sunset, our comfortable Belizean styled wooden cottages are named after resident bird species.
– Spacious rooms overlooking the reef crest in the main lodge are perfect for family and small groups.
– Meals come with generous portions of local dishes and are served on our outdoor deck with light snacks and fruit juices always available.
– Cold juices, hot drinks, local beer, wine and a full stocked bar are our bartender’s tools to fix your tropical delight!
– Hammocks and lounge chairs await on your porch, on the beach and scattered throughout the property – “Hammock testing is an activity!”
– Snorkel from the beach (try our guided night snorkel!), take an island hopping boat tour, scuba-dive, sunbathe, kayak, or do nothing at all.